2009/02/17

And it begins

Well, after wasting countless hours reading through blogs and discussion groups regarding urban issues and transportation, I've decided to add my own voice to conversation (if you could call it that).

Now granted I have only been here a short time but so far I like Houston. The people have been nice, the weather is generally pleasant and my job is amazing. Of course, there are plenty of things that drive me crazy about this place. The sprawl, the haphazard development, the complete reliance on the automobile, the general ugliness of so much of the city; anyway...I don't want to belabor the point. That all being said, Houston is in many ways a blank slate (at least parts of it is) and therefore I think we have the ability to create a truly great city if we work at it and develop the right policies going forward!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the conversation :)

    Looking forward to hearing what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to see new blogs that focus on these local issues.

    May your posts be frequent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome. Look forward to reading what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your thoughts. And I'm glad that even though you're sort of new to the city, you have a desire to make it better!

    ReplyDelete